- 250 plain flour
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 250ml soy milk (or other dairy free milk)
- 60g coconut oil (or vegetable/rapeseed oil)
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
2. Line a 20cm cake tin.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix together with a whisk.
4. Mix together all the wet ingredients in a jug. If you are using coconut oil and it is still a bit thick, pop the jug in the microwave for a quick blast, to give it a chance to melt.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix together lightly, then pour your cake batter into your tin.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cake is golden and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool in the tin for a while, before moving to a cooling rack.